Position Description: Land and Building Maintenance / general builds
This job entails performing duties in the following the following areas. This Job Description is not inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
I. ESSENITIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONDSBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (OTHER DUTIES MAY APPLY):
Responsible for successfully performing duties in the following area:
Land and Buildings maintenance
- Assist the Facilities Manager with building, grounds, plant, and machine maintenance at Giant Industries including Glass City Carwash operations.
Power Pak (Customer Unit) Department
- Assist with the fabrication, assembly, design, re-designs, testing, and performance certification for customer units produced at Giant.
Technical Assistance / Customer Service
- Assist with Technical calls from customers and our sales team.
- Assist Sales department with technical issues relating to pumps, accessories, and pump systems.
- Travel as required to customer locations to assist with repair, maintenance, troubleshooting and training of their existing Giant equipment.
- Understand why products might fail and communicate to others the disposition of warranty and or repair claims.
- Assist with customer training on repairs and maintenance of pumps, accessories, and systems.
R & D / Engineering Support
- Involvement in the R&D department and consulting responsibilities with engineering, sales, and production departments on the design of pumps and accessories.
- Assist with the product design and development for pumps and accessories.
- Assist for all other technical areas of the plant manufacturing, such as machine assistance or production line design.
- Assist with quality and all other functional areas as needed.
- Assist with updates and development of internal Process Operating Procedures and specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability.
A. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Five (5) years minimum work related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience with documentation, (documentation required).
- Two (2) years’ minimum experience in welding and fabrication preferred.
B. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Read and understand complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Write correspondence in detail. Verbally present information in one-on-one group situations (to management and/or other employees.
C. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure (using whole numbers common fractions and decimals). Use a calculator, ruler, calipers, micrometers or simple math for the same correct result.
D. REASONING ABILITY
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and/or uninvolved written and/or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Study a problem and acquire a solution. Remember problems and fixes (through the use of notes).
E. PHYSICAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
The physical and visual demands described here are requirements of the position that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on selected jobs
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repetitive use of hands and arms for lifting and/or assembly.
- Ability to distinguish between colors and letters
- Ability for acute visual capabilities (as per part correctness).
F. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Monitor and clean work area to ensure a clean and safe workplace. If area cannot be kept clean (due to machine malfunction), report this to a supervisor and/or management. Dispose of all cardboard and paper in proper containers. Report any potential safety hazards to your supervisor or management.
For 50 years, Giant Pumps has offered the most dependable positive displacement high-pressure triplex pumps available. Designed and built to the highest quality standards, customers count on Giant Pumps products to keep their equipment running. Every design detail of Giant Pumps products is optimized for long-life and reliable performance, making Giant Pumps the most trusted name in high-pressure pumps and systems.